Loader Operator Job Description:
- Operate the Loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Operate Loader controls to lower and tilt bucket and drive forward to force bucket into bulk material.
- Move lever to raise and tilt bucket when filled, or to dump material.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Loader.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) years or more of industry related experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery
Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and cell phone.
CCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug free workplace.