Laborer Job Description:
- Assist with underground pipe and general construction installations.
- Measures distance from grade stakes and checking grade.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels and rakes.
- Locating various underground utilities using a shovel.
- Mixing concrete.
- Variety of tasks involving use of hands and tools.
- Cleaning and maintaining work area including tools and equipment.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. One (1) year or more of industry related experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry pipe and other construction materials, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery
Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and cell phone.
CCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug free workplace.